Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Jesus is led to Golgotha


Scripture:  Matthew 27:31-34

And when they had mocked Him, they took the robe off Him, put His own clothes on Him, and led Him away to be crucified. Now as they came out, they found a man of Cyrene, Simon by name. Him they compelled to bear His cross. And when they had come to a place called Golgotha, that is to say, Place of a Skull, they gave Him sour wine mingled with gall to drink. But when He had tasted it, He would not drink.

Observation:

 The soldiers finished mocking Jesus. They then led him to Golgotha where he and two others were going to be crucified and put to death. The beatings were so severe that he could not carry the cross the entire way and they engaged Simon to carry it for Christ. Here is a totally innocent man being led to his death to fulfill God's plan and purpose for our redemption. This is a picture , an illustration, a graphic lesson for the genuine believer.

Application:

It is my duty to pick up my cross, carry it, as the instrument of my death to self. In order to be fully surrendered to God, and to be able to conform to his will/purpose for my life I must die to my own desires and designs.

Prayer:


Father, may I be so passionate about and committed to obeying your will for my life that I would always be willing to pick up my cross in order to die to myself daily for your glory and honor. Amen!

1 comment:

nashvillecats2 said...

Such a pleasure to read Gregg, Loved the prayer at the end.
Yvonne.