Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Basis of the Believer's Confidence: The Character and Nature of God

The motivational statement in my Daily Planner today was taken from a quote by Charles Hodge. It reads:

"The ultimate ground of faith and knowledge is confidence in God."

I believe I understand what the late and great Dr. Hodge intended to convey, but I wonder if it falls just a little short? It certainly presupposes information to have been previously garnered in order to experience said confidence.

I would like to take the statement a bit further and expand it to include how or why one would have confidence in God.

Confidence in God is obtained and maintained by a comprehensive understanding of the character and nature of God. Confidence is built and bolstered on the knowledge and understanding of the attributes and qualities that comprise all that God is.

What do you think?

No comments: