Friday, December 20, 2013

How Do You spell W O N D E R F U L?

You have heard the expression, "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life?"

This sentence often contained in what is called "The Four Spiritual Laws" has many flaws in and of itself. However the second biggest problem I see with it is the fact that have you ever noticed that God spells wonderful differently than we do?

God seems to spell wonderful, d e a t h. As in my death, my death of self-denial. Thanks be unto God that He provides sufficient grace, and the requisite faith to become as a kernel of corn that dies in the ground in order to produce a harvest.

I know that God has come to give life and life with an abundance. (I heard yesterday a definition given by a sweet little girl - that means gobs of life?) Nevertheless, gobs of life or not, as pilgrims we are called to:

  • deny self
  • take up my cross daily
  • follow Him
_______________________________
Happy 18th birthday to our oldest granddaughter, Madilynn N. Metcalf of Vancouver, WA! We love you pumpkin!

No comments: