Monday, November 4, 2013

How Did You Do?

How are you coming on reviewing and re-evaluating your goals for 2013? Last month I reminded you that in this, the last quarter of the year, you should review last years goals. I suggested that you take October and carefully, prayerfully, and wisely review the goals that you had set. 


  • Did you achieve your goals?
  • Did any prove to be unreasonable?
  • Did any need to be redefined?
  • Did you monitor the steps to your goals?

October came to a close this past Thursday. Of course there is no magic involved in using October versus September or even November to review and re-evaluate your goals. Just remember the axiom, "If you aim at nothing you will hit it every time."

For the record, I chose to use October as a time to prayerfully and carefully review and re-evaluate my goals. I discovered that I achieved a good many of them. I also discovered that there were a few that I didn't monitor my steps well enough and I did not achieve those goals.

Friday was the first day of November. Let me suggest that you use November to establish your goals for 2014. Seek the mind of the Lord (by renewing or renovating your mind-Romans 12:1-3) and establish goals for the coming year. Also, develop the steps for each goal that will help you to actually achieve each goal that you set. I use the following categories:

  • Spiritual
  • Physical
  • Financial
  • Material
  • Vocational

One side note if I may:  establish your reading goals for 2014 also. Determine what you would like to read or study during your personal devotions or quiet time. For example, I used 2013 to meditate and study the letter of Paul to the Roman congregation. I want to use 2014 to meditate through and study the three Pastoral Epistles of 1 Timothy, Titus, and 2 Timothy.

I also have established a reading list of twenty four spiritual or inspiration books I want to read. I want to talk a little more about this goal in tomorrow's post.

How did you do during October? Did you get the opportunity to review and re-evaluate your goals for this past year?

No comments: