Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Noteworthy Book - A Gospel Primer For Christians

One of the most helpful books that I have found for devotional reading is Milton Vincent's A Gospel Primer for Christians. I realize that there are a number of devotional books on the market available to believers, but I find this particular book to be of extreme value and benefit.

This devotional book contains just 97 pages. It is dedicated to the task of enabling believers "to see the glories of God's love."" Vincent's purpose in writing this little book is found on page five;

 "This book is offered as a handy guide to help Christians experience the gospel more fully by preaching it to themselves each day."

 It is divided into four parts:

  • Part I - Reasons to Rehearse the Gospel Daily
  • Part II - A Gospel Narrative - Prose Version
  • Part III - A Gospel Narrative - Poetic Version
  • Part IV - Surprised by the Gospel

I was given a copy of this "primer" as a gift. I have read it multiple times and I include it in my daily devotions. It has given me a greater insight into the gospel and what Christ did for me in His atoning work on the cross.

If you are interested in gaining a greater appreciation of the gospel and discovering how the gospel actually aids you in pursing a life of godliness I recommend you purchase this little booklet immediately. I believe that Vincent's book should be a constant companion alongside your bible in your daily devotional time with our Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information Gregg, is the book availiable here in the UK?

Thanks for your comment,
Yvonne.

Gregg Metcalf said...

Yvonne - Thanks! check you book store or order from Amazon.con