Saturday, April 20, 2013

Royal Pains


A -  Twenty-Six TV Shows - Z
Royal Pains (stylized as "℞oyal Pains") is a USA Network television series that premiered on June 4, 2009, starring Mark FeuersteinPaulo CostanzoJill FlintReshma ShettyBrooke D'Orsay, and Campbell Scott.
The series is based in part on actual concierge medicine practices of independent doctors and companies. The series was renewed for a fourth season by USA Network on September 15, 2011. On September 25, 2012, Royal Pains was renewed for its fifth and sixth seasons.
The series follows Hank Lawson, a young emergency room doctor who, after being wrongly blamed for an important patient's death, moves to the Hamptons and becomes a reluctant "doctor for hire" to the rich and famous. When the administrator of the local hospital asks him to treat the town's less fortunate, he finds himself walking the line between doing well for himself and doing good for others.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This didn't reach the UK, but it sounds a good show to watch.

Thanks for the lovely comment. I appreciated it very much.

Yvonne.

Unknown said...

I watched this show a few times. Made me want to live in the Hamptons!

Larri said...

I haven't watched this show, Gregg. Sounds interesting. Wish doctors around here would make house calls! :) Happy Saturday.

AJ Lauer said...

I think I've seen one episode of this..? At my in-laws house..? I remember it being fairly entertaining!

Only one week of the Challenge left! Good luck :)
AJ Lauer
#atozchallenge helper minion
Twitter: @ayjaylauer