Thursday, December 6, 2012

Warning: Wolf in "Casual" Shepherd's Clothing

I have never posted any article or video this lengthy. However, I feel this video is well worth watching. Actually, I think it is a "must watch" video. 

As a shepherd (pastor) I have a responsibility of not only feeding the sheep, but watching, guarding, and protecting the sheep. One of the most dangerous things that a pastor must guard people against is a false gospel. False gospel's dam souls to hell. Most false gospels do not come labeled: "Warning Will Robinson - False Gospel ahead!"

False gospels are usually very insipid. They are up to 99% true with 1% or so error. It is that small insipid error that first, makes it a false gospel and second, provides no true salvation. His casual Hawaiian shirt doesn't make his message any less venomous. Casual or formal shepherd's attire doesn't mask false doctrine.

Romans 16:17 says, "I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them." (ESV)

Galatians 1:8-9 says, "...even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed." (ESV)

Good and/or honorable intentions aside, Rick Warren preaches "another gospel." His gospel is void of repentance. His gospel is void of turning from sin and turning in faith to Christ to walk in a new life.

This video is a great "eye-opener" for those who have been and are sucked in by Warren's charisma and his "purpose driven drivel." If the Robot from Lost in Space were available, he would no doubt exclaim... 


Warning: Wolf in Shepherd's Clothing!

6 comments:

Mike said...

I have long been doubtful that any church that is in the thousands, any "Christian book" that makes it on the "best seller" list, or any "pastor" getting big-time kudos and publicity in the public sector -- I am doubtful they are preaching the true gospel of the Cross. (I recognize it is not universally true, but seems to be the general rule.)

Churches are big, books are best sellers, and pastors are popular when their "gospel" message simply tickles fickle ears.

Look at the great theologians of our modern time, and even of recent history, and you will likely not see any of them on the best seller list or on TV. Spurgeon, Dever, Luther, Piper, and MacArthur don't get that kind of press or air time. And it's because the true message of the Cross is counter-cultural and the culture refuses to consume it.

Nuff said.

Gregg Metcalf said...

Great comment Mike. You are right on and I agree with you 100%. Thanks for your insight!

YVONNE'S POETRY CORNER said...

I enjoyed this very much Gregg, Most thought provoking.

Yvonne

Anonymous said...

I am just now listening to this here, but I wanted to say that I was glad just to see that you know that RW is not the wonderful answer to Christianity as he is believed to be. I have been in several churches that teaches his teachings and have their people study his books. It makes me ill!!! STUDY THE BIBLE>>>STUDY THE BIBLE>>>>STUDY THE BIBLE ONLY!!! ♥

Anonymous said...

OH WOW...when RW said that God is happy when we are acting as we were made to be, it reminded me of a Church I HAD TO ATTEND for a while due to my husband, and I would say each time we went..."DID YOU NOTICE HE NEVERS SAYS THE NAME JESUS??? Do you hear him say that we are on a stage acting, and God is our cheerleader???" It would literally make me sick because I knew it was all a lie, and it was coming from a deceiver. As it turned out...he was not a good man, and his wife throw him out of their home and divorced him...so the church dismissed him too. But it still made me sad, because this church did not get rid of him because of the lies he preached from the pulpit, but because his wife throw him out. arghhhh....LORD have mercy upon these people that sit under these false teachers. Have mercy upon those that desire to speak and teach your full truth which is that JESUS CHRIST IS OUR ONLY HOPE< LORD AND KING!!! ♥

Anonymous said...

Acts 2:17-18

17'And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.
NKJV


1 Thess 2:3-4
For our exhortation did not come from error or uncleanness, nor was it in deceit.

4 But as we have been approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.
NKJV


Gal 1:10
0 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.
NKJV


1 Peter 4:4
In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you.
NKJV


Eph 2:20-22
having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.
NKJV


Matt 16:18-19
And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
NKJV