Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturdays with Spurgeon #013


"All the good that is ever done in the world is worked by the Holy Spirit and, as the Holy Spirit honors Jesus Christ, so Christ puts great honor upon the Holy Spirit. If you and I try, either as a Church or individuals, to do without the Holy Spirit, God will soon do without us. Unless we reverently worship Him and believingly (sic) trust in Him, we shall find that we shall be like Samson when his locks were shorn. He shook himself as he had done before, but when the Philistines were upon him, he could nothing against them. Our prayer must always be, 'Holy Spirit, dwell in me! Holy Spirit dwell with your servants!' We know that we are utterly dependent upon Him. Such is the teaching of our Master, and Jesus Christ is 'the same yesterday, and today, and forever.'"

--Charles H Spurgeon


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen...so true...hey just wanted to let you know about something I am doing...I have decided to write a series of blog posts about being thankful..for the month of November...I am trying to start a "Count your many blessings" movement within the blogging community...I will post on Sunday the 4th for Nov. 1-4 then next week 5-11 and so on...are ya with me? Pass it along either way...
'
http://runningsurvivor.blogspot.com

Brian Ray Todd said...

Holy Spirit, set my spirit ablaze for thy work.