Friday, August 3, 2012

In A Chick-Fil-A Paradise

In A Chick-Fil-A Paradise
Gregg Metcalf
July 29, 2012

(To the tune of In An Amish Paradise by Wield Al Yankovic
which is a parody of In A Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio)

As I drive through the valley where I live with my wife
I look around and discover something missing from my life
I see fast food chains scattered all over the place
But there is only one that will put a smile on my face

At 6:30 in the evening I’m feeling hungry again
My wife and my son are acting like crazy men
Their stomachs are growling and causing them pain
We need something to eat before we all go insane

I’m a man who works hard for a few bucks to spend
I will share what I have and sometimes I will lend
A dollar or two hoping to help thee and thine
Or maybe throw a party like its 1999

We’ve spent all of our lives eating in a Chick-Fil-A paradise
We’ve tried burgers once or twice in a Chick-Fil-A paradise
That’s way too much to sacrifice, living in Chick-Fil-A paradise
There’s no need to pay a big price, living in a Chick-Fil-A paradise

Some bigots lashed out in the paper last week
Accusing Truett Cathy of turning the wrong cheek
Now the Mayor of Boston won’t let Cathy play
In His city by bringing in another Chick-Fil-A

Mr. Cathy maintained God created Adam and Eve
Make no mistake it was not Adam and Steve
But I guess it was wrong for him to think it was grand
To be able to express his opinion in a free land

Glorifying God by being a faithful steward of
all that God has given to us with His great love
To have a positive influence on all who come in
Is this really a bad business or is it just a whim? 

If you come to visit, you’ll be pleased to no end
You will want to stop by again and again
Fried chicken was meant to be made this way
Come and see how they do it at Chick-Fil-A

Bridge

There’s no corn fungus, no caviar, no escargot, not a single ortolan
Like Robinson Crusoe, you’ll be eating chicken on your lawn

We’ve been eating most of our lives in a Chick-Fil-A paradise
We’re just plain and simple families, living in a Chick-Fil-A paradise
There’s no time for political correctness living in Chick-Fil-A paradise
We aren’t bigots or intolerant, living in a Chick-Fil-A paradise

Jumping in the Buick, driving down the street
Heading to our very favorite place to eat
Think you’ve had chicken that is to die for
You ain't had nothin' till you come here and score

We’ve been eating most of our lives in a Chick-Fil-A paradise
We’re just plain and simple families, living in a Chick-Fil-A paradise
There’s no time for political correctness living in Chick-Fil-A paradise
We aren’t bigots or intolerant, living in a Chick-Fil-A paradise
Yeah

4 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

That's pretty creative. If you had a video of a performance I'd bet it would go viral right now.
I'm loving the support the chain is getting right now. While we were on vacation we stopped in a Florida Chick-Fil-A right after the news story broke and the place was packed and as always the food was delicious.


Lee
Tossing It Out

IanH said...

First time I saw one of these was last week in Texas. Very creative.

momto8 said...

and today was "kiss-in day"...when asked how Chick_Fil _a will respond they said, "just like every other day...we will treat every person with dignity and respect." could not have been a better response.

Persis said...

You need to do a music video. :)