Thursday, June 28, 2012

It is Your Turn - Ask Gospel-driven Disciples


Periodically as a pastor and teacher of the Scriptures, I would open up a service to the congregation and encourage them to ask me any question they wanted to ask me. The question could be personal, procedural, pertaining to pertinent events, or about a passage of scripture that they needed more insight into.

So, having said that, I thought I would use yesterday and today in order to open the Gospel-driven Disciples blog and myself up to you. What is on your mind? What would you like to know about me, the Gospel-driven Disciples, or what Scripture would you like to have more insight into?

1 comment:

Arlee Bird said...

I'm always coming up with questions and have so many. But I'll focus on one.

I know that there can be many consequences to sin and yet some actions that we think of as sin seem so attractive and appealing that it can be difficult not to at least think of these things if not act upon those thoughts, a process described well in James.
Thinking specifically of sexual sins, why has God created something so potentially wonderful and instilled a powerful drive within many people that lead us to at least lust of the eyes and thoughts?

Some of the figures of the Bible--Solomon comes to mind in a big way--must have satisfied some of this with multiple wives and concubines. Was this a sinful response? I know some bad consequences came from these actions.

Is the Muslim solution of covering females on the right track for addressing this sin potential since Western styles of dress can be so revealing and enticing?

That's my topic for the day.

Lee
Tossing It Out