Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Facts

Monday Facts is a weekly blog party designed to help you meet other bloggers. Tell us about your weekend, or give us some random facts that help us get to know you better!

Share your Monday post,  

Fact:  I appreciate all your well wishes in regards to my cold. Thank you so much! You were all so kind!


Fact:  I am feeling much better and it seems the cold is going away. As I type this, it is all but gone! Yeah!!!!




Fact:  Thanksgiving was wonderful! Irene and I had a very relaxing day together. We went to Sizzler's for their Thanksgiving Special. We let them cook, serve, and clean up! We spent the day in thankful reading and relaxing in our recliners. New tradition at the Metcalf Ranchero - if we are not invited, or we do not accept any proffered invitations for Thanksgiving dinner from hence forth, we are skipping the preparation, cooking, and clean up and going to Sizzlers!

Fact:  I watch the Lions play every Thanksgiving. This year was no exception; was pleased to see Green Bay go 11-0 even though the Lions seem to be rebuilding. Tough game for the Lions. Contrary to the fantasies of the "left", there can only be one winner. Congrats to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

Fact:  I married on a Monday evening, at 7:30 PM, June 18th, 1973. Shortly afterwards the Marine Corps slated me for a 6 month Mediterranean Cruise aboard an LPH (Landing Platform Helicopter) Newly married, and not wanting to leave my new bride for a Mediterranean Float I was able to trade my 5711 MOS billet slot with a guy who wanted to go on a six month float and I was assigned to HMH 461 (Heavy Marine Helicopter)





Fact:  Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 461 (HMH-461) is a United States Marine Corps helicopter squadron consisting of CH-53E Super Stallion transport helicopters. The squadron, known as "Ironhorse", is based at Marine Corps Air Station New River, North Carolina and falls under the command of Marine Aircraft Group 26 (MAG-26) and the 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing (2nd MAW).

HMH 461 provides timely and effective CH-53E helicopter combat assault transport of heavy equipment, personnel and supplies, on order to support the Marine Air-Ground Task Force and other units. I served with HMH 461 as an NBC NCO, Training NCO, and Operations clerk. I served HMH 461 from July 1973 to March 1974.

Fact: "My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth." (Psalms 121:2, ESV)

Fact:  I was summoned for jury duty for Cowlitz County. My group number is 5 and I have to report tomorrow, (Monday November 28, 2011.) Supposedly there is a trial - hopefully they will plea bargain down.




Fact:  I have served on a jury for Clark County, Vancouver, WA. In fact I was chosen to be jury foreman. It was just like TV, the judge asked me, "Mr. Foreman?" I looked around, I was excited, for a minute I thought George Foreman was in the courtroom. But the judge only meant me, "Mr. Foreman," he said, "Has the jury reached a verdict?"  I got to say, "We have your honor, not guilty."

We all thought she was guilty of the charge but we concluded that the prosecutor did not prove his case and based on the shoddy evidence presented we had to vote not guilty (based on evidence not gut feeling/emotion)



Fact:  She did it. She simply drew a prosecutor who was ill prepared and who thought the case was a slam dunk. He forgot about 12 honest citizens. Wow, was the Deputy Sheriff mad who had arrested her!





 Fact:  This is the last Monday's Fact until after the New Year.  

 







Fact:  Christ for Chicago needs your prayers and support. Please check out their website and consider becoming a prayer partner with them as they seek to plant a new church in Chicago. Josh and Erin are personal friends whom I recommend to you and your mission $$'s

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having been born and raised in Michigan, I'm still a huge Lions fan. I was hoping to see a better score, but the Lions are learning how to win and are having a good season. Packers look tough to beat. Again.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I enjoy your Monday Facts, I see a different you every week.

Yvonne.

Arlee Bird said...

Our Thanksgiving dinner turned out very well--smoothest one yet. Attendance was down--only 17 of us this year. But everyone seemed to have a good time and there was enough food for all with leftovers to last a few days.


Lee
Would you like to share your A to Z experience? See this week's post.
Blogging from A to Z

Josh Litton said...

Hey Gregg. Thanks for the mention on your blog!