Friday, October 28, 2011

Biscuits and Gravy!


By popular request, here is my country gravy recipe which I make most Saturdays…


INGREDIENTS

·  1 lb. pork sausage (break up)
·  2 tbls finely chopped onion (optional)
·  5 tbs flour
·  3 cups milk
·  1/2 tsp sage
-1/2 tsp dried basil 
-2 tbs of magerine 
·  1/4 tsp salt
-pinch of cayenne pepper 
·  pepper liberally (black)

INSTRUCTIONS

·  In a large skillet over medium heat cook the 
sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink. 

·  Drain, reserving 2-3 tbs drippings in skillet. 

·  Stir flour into sausage and drippings until blended. 

·  Cook and stir until light golden brown. 

·  Gradually stir in milk and seasonings. 

·  Bring to a boil and cook and stir until desired thickness.

(1/3 cup of gravy and two biscuits = approximately 524 calories)

6 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Gregg, this sounds and looks delicious, thanks for sharing.
Hope you're ok.
Yvonne.

Eddie Eddings said...

Brother Gregg, there ain't nothin' like southern country gravy and buscuits for breakfast...or lunch!

Persis said...

Mmmmmm. Thanks for the recipe, Gregg!

Eddie Eddings said...

I don't know how I ever misspelled biscuits but I did...(sigh) I don't deserve your recipe.

Petra said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy. Guess what I'll be making in the morning?? Blessings!

Petra said...

Oops, where are my manners? I meant to say, Thank you!