Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday Morning Facts

In conjunction with Seams Inspired's Blogfest, I give you my Seven Monday Mornings Fact for your, what, enjoyment, entertainment, curiosity, concern, snoopiness, wonder, and or inquisitiveness!


Fact:  My Lectures to My Students  by Charles H Spurgeon and Heroes by Iain Murray arrived Monday night. I have already dug into Spurgeon's book and have been convicted, challenged, and commissioned in the preface and introduction. Over 800 pages, it will be quite a read. Thank you Banner of Truth Trust.








Fact:  I made the most awesome Country Gravy for biscuits! My first time at gravy but it turned out fantastic.




Fact:  I finished Murray's Heroes today - it is very moving and very edifying.







Fact:  I tried a dry rub on country style pork ribs, then grilled them for a short time for smokey flavor. Then I put them in a baking dish dumped two bottles of BBQ sauce on them and 12 oz of beer (yes, I cook with beer, wine, and sherry sometimes) and put them in the oven for an hour at 350 degrees. The meat fell off the bone and had a flavor that is still going on.





Fact:  I thought the America's Got Talent YouTube acts, save Kevin Colis, were a bust. None of them should have been put through.





Fact:  Green Tea is not all that it is cracked-up to be.













Fact:  I did not do a thing on Saturday. If you knew me you would know that is equivalent to Hank Williams Blue Cadillac pulling in my drive-way right now. I sat in my Lazy Boy recliner and read most of the day.



__________________________________________________________________
Join me each Monday as I share personal information in the format of Monday Facts. It seems inspired by many who enjoy personal tid-bits and information about blogger friends including myself. So each Monday for awhile I will regale you by sharing personal thoughts, events, and opinions from a personal perspective.

7 comments:

Larri said...

FACT - Mmm! Biscuits-n-Gravy sounds delish.

FACT - I don't eat pork, though your prep work details made my mouth water.

FACT - You DID do something on Saturday...you read. ☺

Thanks for linking up! Happy Monday! ☺

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Your cooking skills are coming out to the fore, Good for you......still doing the washing up?.
Have a great day,

Yvonne.

kc bob said...

You had me at biscuits and sausage gravy. :)

Unknown said...

This is a great facts post! That pork rub sounds wonderful!!

Petra said...

Great list of facts! I'm hungry now, again! Looks like you're a great cook.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know they had Lazy Boy furniture in Washington? Lazy Boy furniture is the best :-)

Arlee Bird said...

I made biscuits and gravy the other day too. I get the Pillsbury Grands biscuits and Williams packaged gravy. It's all easy and extremely tasty. This time I added brown sugar to the gravy--I was craving a sweeter gravy for some reason.

I am extremely annoyed with America's Got Talent. Very few of the acts that I've like have gotten voted through. The people of America don't know much about talent apparently. But I guess they're also the ones who gave us our current president.

Lee
Tossing It Out