Sunday, March 6, 2011

Friends for the Journey

Wow, would you look at this? The Gospel-driven Disciples Blog has been blessed with another award! This latest award is called Friends For The Journey (Blog) Encouragement Award. This award, which originated with Beautiful Chaos and comes to me from ArleeBird at Tossing It Out.

First, I say thanks to Beautiful Chaos who designed and originated this beautiful award. Second, thank you Lee, from Tossing It Out for your kind words as you summarized your decision to award The Gospel-driven Disciples:


Gregg at Gospel Driven Disciples has continually offered 
support, encouragement, and enlightenment to me.

Third, The Rules for Passing It On: 

1. Pass it on to 7 other bloggers and tell how they've encouraged you. 


2. Please let your recipients know that it started at Beautiful Chaos


3. Leave a comment on this post when you've posted on your blog. So, here goes:

Welcome to my Word of Poetry - Yvonne has been awarded this by Alex also, but for the same reason he chose her, I choose her. She is my most faithful commenter, she always leaves insightful comments which shows she read the post, understood it, and often was blessed by it. I am only sorry I couldn't award this to Yvonne first, but thanks Yvonne for your continued encouragement.

Atone - Brad always has a very thought-provoking and insightful blog. He loves our Lord and has always blessed and encouraged me each time I have read his posts.

Little Miss Wretched - Patience's blog is always exciting and uplifting. I am excited by her journey to graduate school and as a student of theology. As she blogs her journey and experience in upper education I am encouraged, challenged, and "envious" of this new stage in her life.

Seams Inspired - Larri has always encouraged me with her faithful comments and her posts. She is so upbeat, uplifting, and creative. I find it challenging to comment sometimes since I only desire to comment with a meaningful comment and her sewing and such sometimes leaves me with little to say, but I love to read her ideas. I love her joy and buoyancy as she "twirls" with her dear family.

So Much to say, So little time ... Cathy has always encouraged me with her insightful comments and emails. I always look forward and read almost immediately her posts as she updates them.

Theology for girls - Diane is so insightful! Also, as you know theology is very close to my heart and I love to read her insightful posts. They challenge me, encourage me, and cause me to think.

Tried With Fire - Persis always has an uplifting and encouraging post. She has had some very severe trials and I love her transparent sharing of her spiritual growth. In some ways I can empathize with her trials and I always learn from them. She has a wonderful sense of humor and unique way to display the graces of God being developed in her life.

10 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Thank you Greg for this lovely award, I will endovour to pass it on asap, It was lovely of you to write those things about me and I will show it with pride,

Enjoy your day.
Yvonne.

Becky said...

I agree, Diane's and Persis' blogs are on the list of my favorite blogs! I love those two women so much!

Have a blessed Lord's Day.

Brian Ray Todd said...

Congratulations on receiving another award for your excellent Christian writing and teaching. Praise the Lord! May many more be blessed through this site.

Persis said...

Thanks for the award, Gregg. The Lord deserves all the credit for any encouragement thru my blog.

Larri said...

Congratulations on your award, Gregg; and thanks for passing it on to me. :o) I've learned much from your blog this year, and look forward to more growth and knowledge.

PS...Thanks for hanging in there with me when I blog about sewing. We might make a sewer out of you just yet. LOL Happy Sunday! :o)

PPS...I've been out twirling with the whole family down in Charleston this weekend. We celebrated Son#1's birthday.

Anonymous said...

Gregg at Gospel Driven Disciples has continually offered support, encouragement, and enlightenment to me.

I could have written that myself :-)

Congratulation on receiving another great award :-)

~Ron

Anonymous said...

Gregg, I am honored to receive this award from you! Thank you very much. I have so enjoyed your blog too, and have often been humored by the many ways our journey's have seem to have criss-crossed.

God bless you!

Michelle Gregory said...

always good to find another Christian on the web. congrats on the award. i'll visit your recipients when i have the chance.

Cathy M. said...

No one could be more deserving of an award of this description than you, Bro. Gregg. (I know you've told me before that "Gregg" is enough, but I just love to call you my brother.) It may take me a while to comply with the rules, but I will get on it ASAP. Thanks, bro.

Patience said...

Aww thanks Gregg!

I don't know many people on blogger yet so I don't know that I'll be able to give the award to many other people...especially as you gave it to the same people I would have chosen (not myself though).