Tuesday, May 26, 2009

When The Rubber Meets The Road

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your (my) adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion seeking someone (me) to devour. Resist him, firm in your (my) faith…” (I Peter 5:6-9a ESV) If there ever was a time I wasn’t sober and watchful, it was today. Talk about being blind-sided – now and then regardless of your love for the Lord, faithfulness in your walk, and correctness in your doctrinal teaching and theology, your faith will be tested. Today is that day for me. “Behold, you have instructed many, and you have strengthened the weak hands. Your words have upheld him who was stumbling, and you have made firm the feeble knees. But now it has come to you, and you are impatient; it touches you, and you are dismayed. Is not your fear of God your confidence and the integrity of your ways your hope?” (Job 4:3-6 ESV) Yikes! Ouch! Oh how sometimes we must practice what we preach! It is one thing to teach on trials, tribulations, and testings with all the scripture references that go along with it all, but another when I am wearing that ill-fitting shoe. But I trust that when I am tried I will be able to say as Job; But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold. (Job 23:10 ESV) Thank God for His Word and for His everlasting care! I have a Father who cares for me and I have nothing to fear. It is enough for me!

No comments: