Monday, November 14, 2011

Monday Facts


Monday Facts
 is a weekly blog party
designed to help you meet other bloggers.
 Tell us about your weekend,
 or give us some random facts.

Share your Monday post, and link back here! ☺

In conjunction with Seams Inspired's Party, I give you my Monday Morning Facts, for what shall we say? For your enjoyment, entertainment, encouragement, curiosity, concern, comprehension, snoopiness, wonder, amusement, to tickle your funny bone, and or your inquisitiveness!


 
Fact:  Yesterday, Irene and I attended the memorial service for a friend and fellow church member. Milton Sheppa was truly a trophy of grace, blessed by God's enduring love and mercy for 106 years. Yes, Milton finally completed his race and had his spirit returned unto His heavenly father after living in this life for 106 years.






Fact:  Seems the kids have their own plans this year and with one in Long Beach, CA and one in Mesa, AZ it seems Irene and I will be enjoying a rare Thanksgiving Day alone. As a result the menu will be simple: small turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli, pumpkin pie, and dinner rolls.





Fact:  I will make room in my December blog for at least four of the recipes you have requested.







Fact:  After graduation from boot camp I was ordered to attend the United States Army Chemical Warfare School at Ft. McClellan. I was one of eight Marines at a Army base and Army School in Anniston, AL.







Fact:  Anniston was BB and MR (before brains and mature reasoning). We partied hard in Anniston, Birmingham, Montgomery, Nashville, and even Atalanta. Only by God's grace I survived.








Fact:  The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. (PS 103:8)



Fact:  The weekend was very quiet. Carried Irene to a few stores and then read a couple of books. Enjoyed the "kick-back" and relaxed time with Irene.







Fact:  Mt. Solo (we live right next to the base) is absolutely gorgeous! The trees are green, orange, red, and yellow. Mt Solo is about mile long and 600 in elevation and runs east to west right along the Columbia River. Our house is about a hundred feet from the very base - we get deer, pheasant, quail, and other critters into our pasture.






Fact: This weekend I planned all the topics for each day's blog in December.





Fact:  San Francisco 49ers won again!






Fact:  Lord willing, I start writing my Gospel-driven Disciples Training Manual tomorrow. I have written SOP's for the military, I have written my own Car Sales Training Manual when I managed and trained car sales persons. I think I can write a training manual for discipleship training.




Fact:  It is time to start thinking about planning and setting spiritual goals for 2012. I need to review 2011 this quarter and then for the over all year and begin looking toward 2012.



Fact:  If you aim at nothing you will hit it every time!

9 comments:

Petra said...

Wow, Milton was blessed. I like the fact that you plan your blogs and lesson plans way ahead. Procrastinators admire such abilities. Blessings on your Monday!

Anonymous said...

The Lord is indeed merciful as they are renewed every day! I can concur about surviving by God's grace to make it this far.

Arlee Bird said...

We will be hosting Thanksgiving again for my wife's family--about 20 to 30 people. It's fun and not too much work. But spending the day as a couple can be nice as well. My wife and I have done it a couple times and it was very restful and relaxing. Either way we have a lot to be thankful for.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Anonymous said...

I really like what you mentioned at the end of this post!

God's blessings to you!

Larri said...

Wow - 106 years! Your turkey dinner sounds delish. Good luck with your GDD Manual. Hope it's smooth writing for you. Glad you survived the party days of your youth. ☺ Thanks for linking up today. Happy Monday!

LD Masterson said...

Something to be thankful for - at church yesterday, five graduates of the youth Confirmation Class did confirm the choice their parents made for them when they were Baptised and accepted our Lord Jesus as their Savior. A sixth was both Baptised and Confirmed.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Running the race for 106 years! That must be some kinda modern day record?

Your turkey day menu sounds like ours except mama always cooks a big bird for the leftovers.

Thank God you survived your youth.

Amen! Thank God for His grace and mercy.

Go 49ers!!!

God bless and have a great week :-)

IanH said...

Here's a little known fact for you. Some physi-geek calculated that the "wind" from a single cow, if collected for one year, would drive your car 3 miles.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I love reading your facts. Though a day late.......went out for the day yesterday.
Look forward to the recipes.

Yvonne.